Are you motivated toward meeting legal and regulatory guidelines? Improving efficiency of care services or increasing the market share of your organization?
Then please join me for this webinar:
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 30, 2:00-3:00 pm CT
Credits: CHHR, SHRM, HRCI
Presenter: Charlotte Hughes, MS, CDP, SHRBP, CPLP
Description: Health care providers must become culturally competent in their knowledge, development and implementation of practices informed by differing cultures, beliefs and attitudes. Understanding the social needs of patients and the community at-large is critical in ensuring positive health outcomes, particularly for at-risk populations.
- Learn about health factors that contribute to the need for cultural competence in the health workforce.
- Identify barriers and challenges in developing and sustaining a cultural competent environment.
- Understand the principles and best practices to develop a culturally competent health care workforce.
1. Define cultural competency.
2. Describe factors that contribute to the need for a culturally competent public health and health care workforce (e.g., health disparities).
3. Describe the significance and application of cultural competency for the public health and health care workforce.
4. Understand barriers and challenges to the development and sustaining of a culturally competent health care workforce.
5. Describe best practices that contribute to the development and sustaining of a culturally competent public health and health care workforce.
Here is an infographic for your reference.
For further insights, please register to attend the Oct. 30, 2018 session to learn more about….
I look forward to your participation.